Here is the info from the Ohio Department of Taxation.
- It’s pretty much all day this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (August 5th-August 7th)
- What’s covered:
- Items of clothing costing $75 or less (you can buy any amount of clothing….but items individually costing over $75 won’t qualify)
- School supplies with prices of $20 or less per item (this includes book bags and calculators)
- Types of clothing included: shoes and uniforms count along with the usual but NOT special shoes like ballet or cleats (stuff like that). See the Q&A on the Ohio Dept. of Taxation link above
- The exemption is not for items purchased to be used in a trade or business.
- A vendor/store must participate in this. The sales tax holiday is set by law.