Billings & Company CPAs is seeking a general accountant. This is a full-time position that would also require overtime during tax season including Saturdays.
- You must be able to both prepare and review individual tax returns prepared by others. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Various other accounting duties: correcting client books, making journal entries, reconciliations, loan amortizations, setting up depreciation and working with general ledger
- Preparation of various types of tax returns: 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1041, Sales Tax, CAT
- Payroll processing and remittance of payroll tax and completing and filing periodic payroll tax returns
- Preparation of financial statements and related work papers
- Communication with clients
- Other accounting duties as needed
- 5+ years of experience in tax preparation & review.
- Prior experience using the following software would be beneficial: Thomson Reuters Ultratax & Accounting CS, QuickBooks, Peachtree.
- Must be self-motivated & have great analytical & research skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and do research when needed
- Must be able to work in a high volume atmosphere during tax season and maintain a positive attitude
- CPA license/Bachelors degree not needed.
- We are looking for an EXPERIENCED TAX RETURN REVIEWER confident in their abilities.
Please visit our website and Facebook page to familiarize yourself with our firm. Qualified candidates may forward a resume, including salary requirements, to Linda Reinhardt @ LReinhardt@billingscpas.com