Billings & Company CPAs is a CPA firm seeking a general accountant. This is a full-time position that would also require overtime during tax season including Saturdays.
- Various accounting duties using various accounting software programs: journal entries, reconciliations, loan amortizations, setting up depreciation and working with general ledger
- Preparation of various types of tax returns: 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1041, Sales Tax, CAT
- Payroll processing and remittance of payroll tax and completing and filing periodic payroll tax returns
- Preparation of financial statements and related work papers
- Communication with clients
- Other accounting duties as needed
- Associates degree in accounting
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, payroll and tax preparation. CPA license not required.
- Must be self-motivated & have great analytical & research skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and do research when needed
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills needed
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Excel & Word
- Must show initiative and have great organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a high volume atmosphere during tax season and maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to identify and resolve issues
- Prior experience using the following software would be beneficial: QuickBooks, Peachtree, Outlook, UltraTax, Accounting CS
- Prior experience in a CPA firm would be beneficial
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
Please visit our website and Facebook page to familiarize yourself with our firm. Qualified candidates may forward a resume, including salary requirements, to Linda Reinhardt at LReinhardt@billingscpas.com.